View Single Post
Old March 12 2009, 05:21 PM   #18
Apogeal Alpha01
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Apogeal Alpha01
Re: Did cavill move the colony to earth?

Myasishchev wrote: View Post
Apogeal Alpha01 wrote: View Post
Unlikely. Radiation levels were lethal to even Cylons.
That seemed odd, seeing as how they were plenty capable of walking around Caprica after the rain, and it had been days since the nuclear holocaust, as opposed to two thousand years.
You're right about that, it's a bit of a discordant plot hole. Perhaps we could think that there might have been a difference in the type of weapons used, dirtier, or more of them used on Earth. We know that there were many more survivors after the attack on Caprica - weeks and months later. If the Cylons had carpet bombed the planet, the blasts would have killed everyone, and risidual fallout would have killed the survivors in short order.

The story goes that there were only the five survivors of the Earth attack, and those five only because their consciousnesses were uploaded to a facility orbiting the planet. That speaks to a significantly different level of bombardment.