View Single Post
Old March 10 2009, 07:12 PM   #203
ManOnTheWave
Rear Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x18: "Islanded in a Stream of Stars"

Gregsmack wrote: View Post
Is the Daybreak finale actually two parts? People keep calling it the three hour finale, but it's split into one- and two-hour blocks. Is 'Daybreak' one episode that has been randomly hacked into two, or is it an actual two-parter a la 'Kobol's Last Gleaming,' 'Lay Down Your Burdens,' or 'Crossroads.' I only ask because I think it would be slightly a let down to watch part of the finale rather than an episode in and of itself (of course, when DVD comes out this is no longer a problem).
I seem to remember early reports, possibly from Moore's mouth, saying the finale was likely a three hour episode and they were negotiating with sci-fi how to air it. I believe Daybreak was written entirely by Moore (I could be misremembering that), so, I imagine, it was written as one big episode, and edited to fill production/episode slots. I seem to remember Moore cringing on the Razor DVD commentary about how they were going to have to go back and edit their movie into two parts for syndication, so realize, at some point, some poor bastard is going to see the finale in three parts.