View Single Post
Old March 10 2009, 02:32 AM   #23
Marie1
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--"Let He Who Has Eyes See" (Short Sto

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
Myasishchev wrote: View Post
Aw, but it would've been cute.
Yeah...but that's exactly what I wanted to avoid.
You? Avoiding something cute on the subject of Cardassians? Who are you?? What have you done with Nerys!? *pulls out Kar'takin*

Marie1 wrote: View Post
I was surprised how far Weyoun let himself get pushed around- all those sensitive databases... I guess with Jem'Hadar in the room or Breen... he needed more soldiers at his side. But you're right, Weyoun had "issues" with Dukat, so Dasreen wouldn't have qualms bickering with someone young, who had a disability. *shakes fist*
Dukat definitely seemed able to push back against Weyoun, at least to some extent--and I think that was by virtue of his position. But with Weyoun, I think we started to see him on the path towards becoming like Dasreen. The further Damar deteriorated, the nastier and more openly contemptuous he became. But Dasreen...he didn't even have a modicum of respect to be destroyed. I think he only learned respect in those very last seconds, when he realized he'd been tricked!
I found his dialogue fascinating though. It's on character... or species. And I've always found it interesting because Vorta are supposed to be super inquisitive... but you don't learn new things by being a jerk to the people who can teach you... usually.

Dasreen went waaaay to far, by leaps and bounds. It's interesting what they say about bullies, of which Vorta are of course, they're cowards- even in the presence of Jem'Hadar. He didn't have anything to lean on besides cutting words.
The funny thing is this. If you discard the inner characters of each, Dasreen should've been the one holding all the cards. But I think you're right about what a coward he was...he was so insecure about the idea of losing a simple recreational game in front of the Jem'Hadar that he let himself be goaded into doing something stupid and reckless even over said Jem'Hadar's advice.
And the lesson: Always, always listen to your Jem'Hadar...
But I find it so funny... such a lack of common sense, and he walked into that like... on ice on a hill! It was fun.
Vote: RA Avatar Contest #21!
"He sings lounges? I'm not familiar with that musical form."
-Taran'atar, DS9-R Mission Gamma 3 --Save Taran'atar!
Marie1 is offline   Reply With Quote