View Single Post
Old March 8 2009, 08:50 PM   #9
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Cardassian ships: those I am attracted to. Mechanical eye-candy.

Myasishchev wrote: View Post
Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
I actually think that fits their backstory, though. They don't have a lot of resources, so it makes sense for them to stick to a few tried-and-true designs rather than do a whole lot of retooling for a crazy variety of ship classes.
Well, I do agree with this. At the same time I would've liked the Keldons to have been more differentiated from the Galors--or at least seen again! But maybe they were failures. Their only combat excursion ended with the loss of every ship, true, but I don't think we can blame that on the design...
Yeah, the blame for that one lies with Tain's arrogance.

But the fact that the Keldon wasn't that differentiated may be further evidence of the point that I was making--that any kind of significant retooling puts a strain on Cardassian resources. I don't think it's their creativity that's the problem--their tactics and maneuvers are always top-notch...it's the physical resources to actually bring their ideas to fruition.

And did no one see ANY Keldons during any other battle? I keep thinking there were some there, for some reason...

Sam_I_Am wrote: View Post
I would love to see a picture of your remote control.
Me too!