View Single Post
Old March 8 2009, 05:55 AM   #13
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--"Let He Who Has Eyes See" (Short Sto

Thor Damar wrote: View Post
^ I'm really enjoying this discussion and the fanfic. I don't want to do a Broca here but you writing is up there with the best treklit writers, I'm actually worried that the never ending sacrifice will fail to me the standards that you have set for Cardassian writing.
"Do a Broca"? HA!

But as for TNES--I don't think you'll have to worry about that. I expect it to be very good AND remember--she has the advantage of an editor and lots of writing experience under her belt. AND the tapestry of other DS9-R stories to build from. I think it'll be excellent.

I do think we're likely to get a much clearer separation between my universe and the "licensed" one, but that's fine. To me, that's no different than having Rihannsu v. Romulans or Klinzhai v. Klingons...I think both can be taken for what they are. (BUT, that said, I am not putting myself in a league with Diane Duane or John M. Ford. They're better writers than I will ever be--ESPECIALLY Duane! )

That Vorta views on Berat where quite frankly those of a NaziI know this is volating Goodwin's Law but the creep was just that awful.
Actually...according to this, you're not in violation. There's no reason a direct and reasonable parallel shouldn't be mentioned. And yes...I got that particular chill when I was writing that line, myself: we MUST remember the sin of Aktion T4 lest we repeat it. And Dasreen was definitely of the mindset that could have committed it. (Considering the Founders' and Weyoun's willingness to commit genocide, I don't see this as much of a leap. )

There is a heck of a lot more to say and hopefully I'll have my little review ready by monday. (it's actually quite late over here, or early as the case may be)
Speaking of which...I should probably go to bed early myself. Damn time change...