Thread: The Beatles
View Single Post
Old March 7 2009, 02:33 AM   #63
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: The Beatles

Norrin Radd wrote: View Post
Some people say "Let it Be" is their worst album. I honestly think it's their best...or at least no worse than their other work.
I'm quite fond of Let It Be, the album. I love the title song (and I much prefer the album version to the single version; the album version has a more evocative Harrison guitar solo). "Two of Us" is one of my favorite Beatles songs, I really like "I Me Mine." "I Got A Feeling" and "Dig A Pony" are great fun. "Dig It" and "Maggie May" should have been dumped. "The Long and Winding Road" should have been good, but the Beatles never figured out what to do with it (and the released version is nothing more than a glorified demo with strings layered on top to smother out how poorly played it is). The sessions for the album were a bit of a misfire, but they produced some good work.

Let It Be... Naked isn't what I wanted from a rethought Let It Be. I wish we'd gotten an official release of the Glyn Johns mixes. (I have boots of his first attempt and his second attempt. They're flawed as hell, but it's what the album was supposed to be.)

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote