View Single Post
Old March 5 2009, 02:58 AM   #152
kimc
Coffee Mod

Re: A Hater Revisits Voyager

GodBen wrote: View Post
I'll let the immortal Apollo finish for me. Take it away, Lee...

Apollo wrote:
I'd say we're very forgiving of mistakes. We make our own laws now, our own justice. We've been pretty creative at finding ways to let people off the hook for everything from theft to murder. And we've had to be because... because we're not a civilization anymore. We are a gang. And we're on the run. And we have to fight to survive. We have to break rules. We have to bend laws. We have to improvise.
That's a great quote from an awesome show. However, I still don't believe it applies in Voyager's case. Those on Galactica were pretty mucy the remnants of the human race. Their civilization was for all intents and purposes wiped out. They have a slim hope of establishing themselves somewhere else and MAYBE preventing what's left of their race from dying out.

Voyager on the other hand while a long way from home still had a home and a civilization to go back to. The belief was that someday they would get back to that civilization and would be answerable to those laws. Galactica never had such a hope.

kimc is offline   Reply With Quote