View Single Post
Old March 5 2009, 12:24 AM   #6
iguana_tonante
Admiral

Re: if Chakotay doesn't have a last name, when he gets married...

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
I've heard of this "compositing" that couples do when entering marriage that they both take on a hybrid name to acknowledge that neither of them is too superior in an obvious way.... But any way you try to conglomerate Hansen and " " you're going to end up still with Hansen... And, in the case of hyphenating, how do you pronounce Hansen-" " ? Or " "-Hansen?
No, actually I was talking about each partner keeping their own last name (or lack thereof). So Chakotay will be Chakotay and Seven (Hannika Hansen) will be Seven (Hannika Hansen). There is no need for a common, or composite, last name to know that they are a married couple.

I wonder if Miral and B'Elanna now have to do some scary things before "The House of Paris" would be recognized by the Klingon High Council?
The naming of the klingon houses is somehow confusing. Lursa and B'Etor were from the House of Duras (their brother), but Worf is from the House of Mogh (his dead father). So I really don't know how they will call it. Maybe the name of B'Elanna grandfather, since he would be the fist male klingon in their family line.