View Single Post
Old March 4 2009, 06:31 PM   #18
Jax
Admiral

Re: TV Ratings (Monday 3rd March)

Winners...
TBBT, HIMYM, The Bachelor, The Bachelor ATFR, Two and a Half Men, Rules of Engagement and CSI: Miami
Still going strong...
In trouble...
Chuck, Heroes and Medium

Round-Up...

The Bachelor proves that weird people are back in mass to watch TV these days by giving it a huge season sendoff and infact its lucky the ratings have been a massive improvement or recent years as it was rumored to be ready for the chopping block last season.

CBS has a typical night though CSI Miami was displaced as the number one 10pm show but am sure it was only a blip since The Bachelor was airing a season finale. RoE returned and proves that its a better partner than Worst Week though RoE will never be more than a time filler just like Old Christine found out this season. If I was CBS though I think its easier to launch a new sitcom next season in the 8-9 slot and TBBT proved earlier that it would make a perfect partner for Two & Half Men or they could put TBBT at 9pm with 2&HM at 9:30pm.

24 hit a season low but still solid numbers for a 8 year old show airing its 7th season though the demo could be a little better.

Chuck has lost all steam and is 40/60 IMO unless the numbers rise and despite Heroes downfall, am sure the demo will get the show one more season. Heroes could benefit from a budget cut to focus on characters more and a smaller cast would be better with the likes of Claire being cut. Heroes will probably get a 4th season 22 episode order but it may need a new night and a bit of luck...write season 4 as the last, if I was Tim & Bryan. Medium is down as well and unlike the other two, I feel theres no reason for NBC to keep if they are cutting air hours next season so most likely goodbye Medium.

CW - Repeats
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote