View Single Post
Old March 2 2009, 07:46 AM   #190
trevanian
Rear Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x17: "Someone to Watch Over Me"

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
cultcross wrote: View Post
^ I'm beginning to think we're gonna see Galactica's death before the final episode. I also think the ship itself might prove to be the 'dying leader' which takes them to the promised land, perhaps in one last jump.
I'm fairly convinced that the dying leader is Adama. Yes, I think the Galactica will be destroyed. And, can you picture him not going down with the ship? I can't.

Mr Awe
Sure, he'd go down with the ship. But they've set up a kind of scifi possibility with the ship going to pieces during a jump ... for all we know, that could be a time thing that scatters folks to far reaches and starts the whole thing over again.

Only dif this time might be that the Prez and 6 have gotten off the ship to search for Hera, and maybe their finding her breaks the loop ... or maybe humans realize that human/cylon future doesn't work any better than human only futures, and deliberately take themselves out of the loop (I think folks will slit their wrists if that is the case, but it could be beautiful if handled properly, like the Sturgeon story where the US is getting nuked and chooses to not retaliate in order to let the human race live on.)