View Single Post
Old March 1 2009, 06:56 AM   #153
Jolly Old Saint James
Rear Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x17: "Someone to Watch Over Me"

WeAreTheBorg wrote: View Post
James Bond wrote: View Post
steveman wrote: View Post
We've been receiving hints and clues about all those major plot threads we want resolved since the series began. Why there's suddenly a great desire to see the show just dump everything on us astounds me. Are we really that stupid? There's no need for the show to change its M.O. simply because it's coming to an end. We will get the answers we want. But we will get them in a distinctly elegant, nuanced way.

Which is, you know, how BSG has always operated.
You're absolutely correct, but what people are complaining about (myself included to a degree) is the fact that we're running out of time to get proper resolution of these points. We're desperately hoping things aren't rushed because that would bring the overall impact of those resolutions, and perhaps the legacy of the show, down to a mediocre level - something that is pretty much unacceptable at this point.
You're also simultaneously arguing in favour of rushing things by saying a character rich steady paced episode like this cannot happen right now.

Wait till it's all done then judge.
I am going to wait until it's all done, and I'm not necessarily complaining. Aside from the fact that there have been 4 seasons for character development, an extra one hour episode at this point is an extra hour for storyline and plot resolution. That extra hour would allow for much more intricate revelations to be spread out better among the remaining episodes.

But hey, I have faith in RDM's crew to deliver.