View Single Post
Old February 27 2009, 07:06 PM   #119
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: A Hater Revisits Voyager

kimc wrote: View Post
Actually Janeway really wanted Carey as her chief engineer but B'Elanna proved herself to be better for the job. As for the terrorist accusation that was along with Chakotay and Tuvok since Seska had planted false evidence. Lucky for Carey they didn't follow it blindly.

So to say Janeway hated Carey is an arguement that doesn't hold much water for me.
You can only have so many coincidences before it ends up being motivation. I'm going to keep my eye on Janeway and Carey.

Cathexis (**)

I saw this episode a few years ago so I remembered the twist ending. This episode falls into the cliché of some presence taking over the ship, but what saves this episode for me is some interesting lighting. It sounds dumb to give an episode extra points for lighting the ship differently, but I like this dark look that the ship has here.

The cast doesn't gel in this episode. They have worked okay up until now, but in this episode they don't display much chemistry for some reason. It felt like a bunch of people who didn't know each other rather than people who had been living and working together for the last few months. And Neelix really bugged me in this episode which is the first time in the series he has managed it. I don't think it will be the last.

Not a great episode, but I think it was well executed. However, this also could have been a TNG episode, and that requires that I deduct half a star.

I can't say much else because this episode tired me and now I'm all sleepy. Brain not work right. Take nap now.
TheGodBen is offline   Reply With Quote