View Single Post
Old February 26 2009, 10:02 PM   #15
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: What should the next Superman movie be?

QuasarVM wrote: View Post
The kid, frankly, sucked...it's a dead-end plot device. The only option for his character is death. Or death of Superman and the kid replaces him (which would be...stupid). Superman shouldn't have a sidekick...which is another lame way to utilize the character.
I seriously doubt the kid was ever intended to be Superman's "sidekick." He was there simply to give Superman a little more dimension, and to give him a different kind of challenge besides just wooing Lois and saving the day yet again (I love Supes, but let's face it, there's not a lot of complexity to the character).

Additionally, she bore very little resemblence to the Lois Lane that was PREDOMINANTLY (not the weird little aberations -- like the Lois that married Clark Kent) was depicted in the Superman comics. And yes! I do believe the films should bear more than just a passing tie to the comics.
I wouldn't call the first couple decades of the comics or the Fleischer cartoons "aberations"-- and Bosworth resembles that Lois quite a bit.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote