View Single Post
Old February 23 2009, 06:45 PM   #34
blockaderunner
Rear Admiral

Re: This is Deadpool?

Trent Roman wrote: View Post
blockaderunner wrote: View Post
I've said this before and I'll say it again. When casting for a superhero film, cast an talented up and comer who is comfortable behind a mask for the majority of a film and can act with their voice. They're out there.
Hardly an 'up-and-comer', but to this day I remain impressed with the nuanced performance Hugo Weaving delivered as V (in 'V for Vendetta', of course) with only voice and gestures. But then, I've always thought Weaving has a great voice.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman
Trent, that's an amazing example. Here's another example, even though he's not a masked superhero: Anthony Daniel's C-3PO. Even though he was portraying a machine, every emotion he had was expressed solely through his body movements (it helped that he had a career as a mime) and his VOICE. But if people think that unmasked and unmasking heroes is the way to go, I have four words for them: Albert Pyun's Captain America.

'Nuff said.
If God is willing but not able to prevent evil, he is not omnipotent. If he is able but not willing, then he is malevolent. If he is willing and able, then whence come evil? If he is neither willing nor able, then why call him God?
blockaderunner is offline   Reply With Quote