View Single Post
Old February 23 2009, 03:24 AM   #29
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: This is Deadpool?

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
Know what? I'm sick of that "Deadpool is just a ripoff of Deathstroke" thing. That may have been some of the motivation behind his creation, but the two characters are incredibly different in personality. Deathstroke is a serious character, while Deadpool is a wisecracker. Also, why should fans of the character not want to see him done properly on film? The fourth wall breaking, wise-cracking, merc with a mouth, with ninja gear and a red and black suit IS Deadpool. Where the hell do you get off insulting people that say what is true? If you're not a fan of the character, fine. But don't hate on the people that are. I'm sure you would feel the same way if a character you like were as thouroughly butchered as it appears Deadpool has been in this movie.
Amen to this. So that taken into account, even if they put him in the costume we wouldn't really get this Deadpool anyway, so there's no point in moaning, as much as I want to.

Deadpool and Gambit had epic fail written all over them from the start, Ryan Reynolds notwithstanding. I imagine Cyclops and Emma's cameos do too.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote