View Single Post
Old February 19 2009, 08:14 AM   #12
SicOne
Commodore

Re: Ok, silly transporter question...

I am thinking some kind of subspace force beam that comes down from the transporter emitter on the ship to the beam-in point (and subspace, because I don't see the ship punching microholes in whatever materials are line-of-sight between the ship and the beam-in point), then said beam widens out to some two-foot radius and creates a human-sized cylinder, then the transported matter is sent down via the subspace wave to be recomposited as human.

Have we discussed in the BBS how this all works?

As far as the swarm of bees thing works, that's actually an ingenious idea...if an intruder were wearing some kind of anti-tech or anti-transporter thingy, where they couldn't transport him into a holding cell or cargo bay, and couldn't errect shields around him (and now I'm remembering the Hirogen attack on Enterprise-E from the Destiny novels), they could beam up an insect swarm to occupy the intruder.

The closest thing to a swarm of bees I've seen transporterd was from the TNG episode "Power Play", where they beamed up a big swarm of "lost souls" into a cargo bay.
SicOne is offline   Reply With Quote