View Single Post
Old February 18 2009, 04:20 PM   #19
Scout101
Admiral

Re: TV Ratings (Monday 16th February

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Just think, if that show would have been on NBC or ABC and had those kind of numbers, it would have been considered a hit.
Look at the demo number - significantly lower than Heroes, which isn't doing badly but nobody would consider a "hit." On NBC, that demo number might be survival level, but only because NBC is pathetic and desperate.

Dream wrote: View Post
JayTheTrekkie wrote: View Post
Question: Was Heroes originally planned to only have 5 seasons?
Nope. It always supposed to be a one season show but NBC got greedy.
Really? I didn't think networks deliberately ever do one-season shows. If a show is doing well enough for a second season, it gets one. And a third, etc.
I thought that originally the plan was to keep the show going, but basically scrap the cast at the end of each season, or only have a SMALL carryover, so they could constantly work new characters and storylines? But then in the 1st season, the show and cast were popular, so they kept it (and over-exposed it), and they've stuck with that since...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote