View Single Post
Old February 16 2009, 12:21 AM   #49
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: Friday the 13th - Movie(remake) discussion, grading and SPOILERS

Spaceman Spiff wrote: View Post
Also, the reviews describing Jason as a pot farmer are silly. I don't even think the weed was bait, as I'd guessed. It seems like it cropped up because of the events described in the credits. Pamela whacked a bunch of pot smokers, and the pot left behind grew plants. Seeds tend to do that. From some reviews, I half expected to see him watering them.
I meant my remarks sarcastically, FWIW. I think your comments were pretty spot-on, particularly with regard to it never getting back up to the beginning quality. (And technically didn't Jason whack the first pot-growers? Pam just whacked the love-making counselors.)

However, I disagree on the likability of the second group of characters. The only one of them I felt bad for was the girl who helped Clay. Chewie and the hookah bit was funny, but he still annoyed the crap outta me. I much preferred the first group of characters (the pot-ranchers ) but even they were somewhat 'meh.'

Clay and his sister I felt empathy towards, though, but you really couldn't help but feel bad for them. The writers did everything to make them seem sympathetic, right up to the mother bit.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote