View Single Post
Old February 15 2009, 11:41 PM   #14
Thrall
Commodore

Re: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader? (Spoilers)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Unfortunately and this is from a Morrison fan that I have to agree...R.I.P. wasn't what I expected.
It's exactly what I expected actually. I have to laugh at all the people who actually expected him to respect the character and his mythology. Sometimes being ahead of the curve is a curse. And this is coming from someone who HATED Judd Winnick. I haven't seen fanboys this torn and confused about what to feel since Episode 1. But us old schooler X-heads? Yeah, we knew exactly what was coming.

Anyway, this is typical Gaiman. Weird, jittery, and gothy. It's pretty standard stuff for him. I still don't know if he can handle the realism of Batman, being as his fantasy background is so vast. But from what I've read, it's an improvement. I'm not expecting the second coming Denny O'Neil here. I'd prefer they just bring back Chuck Dixon or let Dini handle it. But Morrisons name alone sells a cajillion copies(to this day I still don't know why), so they needed a big name to clean up his mess and keep sales high. Kind of like when Marvel brought in Whedon. Except not nearly as annoying.