View Single Post
Old February 9 2009, 10:00 PM   #25
Lynx
Rear Admiral

Re: What if Kes had stayed instead and...

exodus wrote: View Post
Lynx wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
Are you a MOD now?
No. I'm only pointing out the obvious.

We saw Kes' future in "Before & After", it wasn't very interesting.

She never used or explored her abilities, she didn't do much of any extraordinary in life and didn't achieve anything she couldn't have on Ocampa. I think the writers basical told us, they didn't have much of a plan for Kes going forward.
Well, they didn't have much of a plan for the other characters either, as we could see in the later seasons of the show.

As for Kes, she was never dull. I could easily point out 8-10 dull, or at least rather bland Star Trek characters and Kes is not among them.

Kes was smart and brave. In a way a complement to more standard female action characters like Janeway, Torres and Seven.
Maybe to you, not to me.

Kes was the the dullest main cast member of any Trek I've seen, especially if they weren't going to explore her aging or abilities. Smart and brave can also describe the family dog, I don't find that special. Harry atleast made for a good victim character & Wang could read technobabble like a champ.
My statement stands. Kes is a great character and there are characters who are much more dull than her.

By the way, how come you only post in Kes threads?

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at: http://lynx677.byethost12.com
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote