View Single Post
Old February 7 2009, 12:22 AM   #195
Darth_Pazuzu
Rear Admiral

Re: Christian Bale Loses it on Terminator set

Wow! That's pretty classic!

I fully admit that Christian was pretty over the top, and I think he did blow the whole thing out of proportion. But in all honesty there have been plenty of times in my own life when I've felt like blowing my own top over some stupid thing or other, so I can quite readily empathize with Bale all too well. The trouble is, in most people's regular everyday lives, we have to behave with a greater level of civility toward the people who piss us off. But we also have a tendency to give artists, performers and creative people a certain amount of leeway when it comes to...[*ahem*]...expressing themselves! So let's just cop to it: Many of you out there are probably secretly envious of somebody like Christian Bale for their license to just spew venom in such a free and uninhibited manner!

Hey, we all have bad days, right? And in all honesty, what kind of professional D.P. doesn't know enough not to walk into a shot when a performer's trying to put everything they've got into a performance?! "F--king amateur, man!" indeed! I mean, what the hell are we all getting so judgmental about, anyway?! Don't we have anything better to chat about than going on about some actor loudly chewing out some dumbass D.P.?? In all honesty, aren't there at least a hundred other things out there that are worth our attention??

Oh...yeah, that's right. I almost forgot where I was for a moment...