View Single Post
Old February 3 2009, 06:24 PM   #8
KRAD
Keith R.A. DeCandido

View KRAD's Twitter Profile
Re: Canon characters killed in the books SPOILERS!!

This list isn't anywhere near complete, and doesn't include dramatizations of deaths we know about but didn't see onscreen (Amanda Grayson, Ian Troi, Jack Crusher) but here's a start.....

• Azetbur, daugher of Gorkon (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country) -- The Lost Era: Serpents Among the Ruins by David R. George III
  • Drex, son of Martok (DS9/"The Way of the Warrior") -- A Singular Destiny by Keith R.A. DeCandido
  • Kieran Duffy (TNG/"Hollow Pursuits") -- SCE: Wildfire Book 2 by David Mack
  • Mr. Homn (TNG/"Haven," etc.) -- "The Ceremony of Innocence is Drowned" by Keith R.A. DeCandido (Tales of the Dominion War)
  • Kathryn Janeway (VOY/"Caretaker," etc.) -- TNG: Before Dishonor by Peter David
  • Jaresh-Inyo (DS9/"Homefront," etc.) -- Articles of the Federation by Keith R.A. DeCandido
  • Kira Nerys (mirror) (DS9/"Crossover," etc.) -- DS9: Warpath by David Mack (I know you said no MU versions, but the Intendant was a pretty major onscreen villain, so I think she, at least, counts)
  • Kornan (DS9/"Soldiers of the Empire") -- GKN: Honor Bound by Keith R.A. DeCandido
  • K'Vada (TNG/"Unification") -- GKN: Honor Bound by Keith R.A. DeCandido
  • Leonard McCoy (TOS/"The Corbomite Maneuver," etc.) -- TOS: Crucible: McCoy: Provenance of Shadows by David R. George III
  • Owen Paris (VOY/"Persistence of Vision," etc.) -- Destiny: Gods of Night by David Mack
  • Mark Piper (TOS/"Where No Man Has Gone Before") -- TOS: The Lost Years: Traitor Winds by L.A. Graf
  • George Sanders (DS9/"For the Uniform") -- A Singular Destiny by Keith R.A. DeCandido
  • Shakaar Edon (DS9/"Shakaar," etc.) -- DS9: Mission: Gamma: Cathedral by Michael A. Martin & Andy Mangels
  • T'Pau (TOS/"Amok Time," etc.) -- TOS: Spock's World by Diane Duane
  • Lian T'su (TNG/"Arsenal of Freedom") -- SCE: Wildfire Book 1 by David Mack
  • Vekma (TNG/"A Matter of Honor") -- TNG: A Time to Kill by David Mack
  • Worf (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country) -- The Lost Era: The Art of the Impossible by Keith R.A. DeCandido

Like I said, nowhere near complete. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've forgotten folks I've killed (the joys of writing Klingons a lot....).

"Even when you turn your back, you're facing something."
KRAD is offline   Reply With Quote