Thread: TNG remastered
View Single Post
Old February 1 2009, 06:30 PM   #11
flightmech73
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to flightmech73 Send a message via Yahoo to flightmech73
Re: TNG remastered

darkshadow0001 wrote: View Post
DGCatAniSiri wrote: View Post
I think TNG's effects are perfectly fine as they are. Yes, they're not the CGI 'masterpieces' of today, but they're still high-quality work - I think a lot of what they did with pratical models matches what we do with the CGI ones.
Exactly. I think films are relying on CGI way to much nowadays. CGI is good for say, Disney films or any other kind of anime films, but I wish they would use more "real" effects like they used to back in the day instead of using CGI. With CGI, a lot of times you can tell the scene or object is fake. With some real effects, at least in modern times, some things look more real in a movie when it is a prop or some other type of special effects.
I agree completely. I think half the reason I couldn't get into Babylon 5 is the cheezie CG. When the ships blew up there were smooth shapes slowly moving around in an unnatural way. When you use a real model with real explosives It brings it to life. Like when the Ent. D was stuck in time reliving Dr Frasier Cranes miranda class hitting the nessel then blowing up. Man ya cant CG that any better. It was perfect.
flightmech73 is offline   Reply With Quote