View Single Post
Old January 31 2009, 05:16 AM   #44
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice
Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x13: "The Oath"

Excellent! Except for that damned "to be continued" at the end...

I don't think that Eight was Athena, because none of the other captured Cylons were there. I suspect they are still locked up, since we haven't seen them get out.

I'm glad they acknowledged that much of Gaeta's force consisted of Pegasus survivors. It makes sense in a lot of ways. Too bad Laird was brought back just to get wrenched by Tom Zarek, though. But bringing back memories of the Pegasus arc can only be a good thing, in my opinion.

Good to finally see Laura get off her ass and do something again. Seems like she needed an immediate crisis to stoke her sense of urgency.

The whole episode was very good, and I liked that the time was noted at intervals. Will they be calling this the "Four-Hour Revolution"? Heh.

The saddest thing about all of this is that nobody wants to be working with the Cylons, yet the Gaeta/Zarek coup seems to work on the assumption that their interests have been sold out by Roslin/Adama. It was a practical decision, and in any case, they aren't allied with the entire Cylon race, just a group of rebels on an undermanned, heavily-damaged, human-occupied baseship. Not exactly a lethal threat, but it would be stupid of the Colonials not to take advantage of what the Cylons are offering.

Maybe next week we'll get to see who is de facto leading the rebels nowadays, since Natalie and D'Anna are both out of the picture. Kind of funny that Our Heroes will need the help of Cylon rebels to put down a rebellion of their own.