View Single Post
Old January 30 2009, 02:33 PM   #156
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

Re: Smallville#8-13: "Power" Discuss/Grade <SPOILER>

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Instead of bringing back Kristen for a handful of episodes to once again wrap up the Clana drama they should have just let things be with the video at the end of last season. As Clark pointed out...he's got his life moving towards the things he needs to be doing without her.

Oh about Tess...I never really thought she was meant to be a villian in the traditional sense so I guess that some of the things Lax typed about her are true. She is mainly there as a sort of supporting character for Clark really. They could have done some really cool things with her and I agree that they've stripped everything that they built up with her little girl talk with Lana. See...Lana is destroying all the good nature that this season has built up with her few but impactfull appearences this season! I'm really curious now about how she'll be leaving the show...obviously I'm guessing it won't be with the power suit on and that Clark will save her once again somehow and finally resolve their relationship. This is what we get when Erica is only signed for thirteen episodes! I also thought that Chloe was off to see Jimmy at Star City last episode? They didn't even mention why she hadn't left yet.
See! We agree more than you think!

The sad part too is, they could have brought Lana back and used it to show that Clark had grown up, could care for her as a friend and not regress to a 16 year old. Clark could have smiled at Lana, said hi, and then gone back to dancing with Lois. This would have been a powerful statement about his growth, and also about the producers letting go of the past as much as Clark letting go. Lana's appearance could have had a really posititive spin.

Lana could have had some voting shares stashed away that got forgotten, or been Lionel's heir (that would have been cool) and this arc could have been a Tess/Lana arc that set up a power struggle for Luthorcorp and we could have seen Tess acting a bit Lionelish and sucking up to Lana while she was positioning for control of the empire...

Or not. I'm just saying that Lana could have been used well, and moved the characters forward even further.
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote