View Single Post
Old January 30 2009, 01:59 PM   #154
Gojirob
Rear Admiral

Re: Smallville#8-13: "Power" Discuss/Grade <SPOILER>

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Kudos for the Drake and Josh mention Gojirob! Ioalus...man that brings me back memories!
Phineas and Ferb are my antidote to D+J, not to mention the later seasons of Dexter's Lab, and the middle seasons of Wings.

A premise can be dragged too far. This isn't even a new Clark/Lana relationship, based on their growth. This 'visit' by Lana is turning into the 'visits' by Odie (remember when he had a different owner?) and Nermal in Garfield.

Besides Chloe also backsliding into Clarked-on guilt, why wasn't she more upset about the kiss? Just last week, she warned Clark not to let her cousin get cut by the triangle Clark/Lana were rebuilding. The one thing I ever really give Clark shit for is how he treats Chloe. Much of the rest of his so-called 'whining' I toss into a pile I call 'They Didn't Always Know', ala Luke, Buffy, and others who reached teendom and then were told 'By The Way....'. But my gut tells me that, when Chloe is gone, as it seems must happen in the grand finale, Clark will dedicate Superman's career to her memory. It will be a tragic flaw in our greatest hero, but a workable one, IMO.