View Single Post
Old January 27 2009, 05:31 PM   #19
plynch
Commodore

View plynch's Twitter Profile
Re: 1970s Children's TOS Tunics

Captain Robert April wrote: View Post
plynch wrote: View Post
You have solved one of the mysteries of my life! Thanks a lot.

(Now if I could only see a picture of a 1969 flat, stuffed, Mattell pillow with a pull-string. It was a psychedelic dog - painted like the owl in the Tootsie Pop commercial and it said things like, "You'd cry too if you were painted blue," and, "Nobody loves me." Must have been when acid first infiltrated the toy-making ranks. It existed - I'd just like to see a picture.)
I'VE STILL GOT MINE!! The string broke a long time ago, but I've still got the poor thing. I'll get a pic the next time I dig into the storage unit.

Oh, and I also had one of those shirts. Kinda wish I'd gotten the long sleeve one, but at the time, I opted for the short sleeve because the long sleeve had ribbed cuffs, like the collar, which I knew was inaccurate, and no rank stripes. It wasn't until they were off the market that it dawned on me that it'd be a simple matter to fix the cuffs.
Is that (the depressed dog, "Puppy Patter") NOT one of the strangest toys evah? A depressed, psychedelic dog. Wow. I'm glad you still have yours. There are Mattell collectors out there. Thanks for the reply on this non-Trek sideline. Although, I CAN kinda picture him in "The Way to Eden."

"Steppin in to Eden. Yea, brother. You'd cry too, if you were painted blue, Herbert."
plynch is offline   Reply With Quote