View Single Post
Old January 27 2009, 05:14 PM   #56
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ms. Marvel - SPOILERS

Gojirob wrote: View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Both Marvel and DC need longer periods between events. You can't shake up the status quo if no situation is around long enough to become the status quo.
I might have to refute the word "event". Since Avengers Dissassembled, it's all been connected, apparently during some 2003 super retreat with lots of blow and a few dead hookers, where the bad ass writers hammered out a 5 year plan with the top of the food chain... But even ignoring that, what really seems to be happening is that Bendis is pretending to be writing 6 or 7 "different" books a month, when in fact everything he churns out in 616 continuity is some skrullish ubertitle that nomatter whats on the masthead it's just the next issue, and every bugger and his dog after that is just trying to play catch up adhering to the only game in town like pilot fish.

"Event" to me is editors fucking with writers with some huge insane and stupid idea which derails their creativity. This however is a marketing colossus a step behind Bendis' frenzied imagination that no one seems to know how to stop or want to.

Semantics, meh?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote