Re: Lost 5x01: "Because You Left" & 5x02: "The Lie"

Gertch wrote: View Post
gh4chiefs wrote: View Post
After last night's episodes, I've come to the conclusion that I'm:

A) too old;
B) too dumb;
C) too unimaginative or;
D) all of the above

to truly understand and enjoy this show. This show has just totally gone over my head. I don't know why I watch it anymore, it's like a train wreck that I can't turn away from.
How about overwhelmed? I had a little overload by the end. So much had gone on and trying to fit the pieces together was tiring.
It was a lot of information thrown at you for a show which has been off the air for quite some months. They certainly didn't ease back into it. So, three things for me were going on at once: absorbing the current information, remembering what the hell had happened 6 months ago, and recalling characters who appeared on the screen for a few moments two and three years ago. The Sopranos was the same way for me.

I actually found going back afterward and watching the primer which came on before the two parter helpful. Not because it gave us anything new, but it jump started my memory on many things - some which they showed on screen, some which I recalled on my own.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the episode and give both hours a solid Above Average. I'm also, like some others, amused that they've dropped the trappings of being "sci-fi light" and gone whole hog for the time travel weirdness.

"F*** you! That's my name. You know why mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight. I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name."