Thread: "Polaris"
View Single Post
Old January 23 2009, 06:24 PM   #71
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral
Re: "Polaris"

Well, the ship's likely to be seen in any number of orientations in the film but - despite the definite appeal of the vertical version I'm inclined to stick with the horizontal wing. "Forbidden Planet" is a big inspiration and touchstone for this movie.

In addition to the major design elements that Vektor is introducing there are a number of details that I like which are beginning to crop up and repeat in his sketches. I don't want to jump the gun but I may incorporate some of his work into a new prototype mesh in the next week or two.

It's really exciting to me to have Vektor and aridas sofia working on this - my initial ideal for "Polaris" was to have a project where some of the extraordinary talents who show various kinds of Trek artwork on forums like Trek Art here or SciFi Meshes or Foundation 3d might be enticed to contribute original designs for a space opera/space travel kind of show. The worst thing that could happen would be for me to be the primary designer of almost anything in the movie (or, at most, of more than a few things).
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote