View Single Post
Old January 21 2009, 07:14 PM   #8
VeryCherry
Ensign

Re: Nimoy, Quinto - Spock Comparison

ManOnTheWave wrote: View Post
The problem for me is recasting at all. I've known these characters played by the same people my whole life. Quinto doesn't have Nimoy's chiseled, stoic, and almost fearsome look. But neither does anyone else I can think of, and it's obvious that casting unkowns wasn't on the table, so he's about as good as it's going to get. I look forward to seeing what he does with the part.
I know exactly how you feel. I was disappointed with almost all the re-casting, but Spock hit home. I just can't see Zachary Quinto as Spock and take it seriously. I don't think Chris Pine has the hair to play Kirk. Karl Urban is an okay fit for McCoy. I don't very much care for Simon Pegg, but he can probably pull off Scotty. Anton Yelchin looks dopey, but Chekov sort of was. I thought Uhura and Sulu were okay re-casts.

They could have atleast done more with the make-up for Zachary Quinto to make him closer resemble Leonard Nimoy, and the Spock we all know and love. I have a feeling it will be a good movie, people will enjoy it, but it wont feel much like Star Trek.