View Single Post
Old January 18 2009, 05:52 AM   #13
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: For Those Who Saw TWOK in 1982

trevanian wrote: View Post
The audience laughed in San Jose opening night (I always maintain it is his expression that generates the laugh, not the 'war cry'.)

When I saw it two nights later, there were a bunch of people who were laughing uncontrollably during Spock's funeral. That's the only time I saw that happen, though I can understand thinking the bagpipes an odd choice (these people were laughing BEFORE the bagpipes, though. I was not among them.)

We all laughed when Kirk falls on his ass in SFS on opening day. I still think that is as failed a moment as any in a TOS flick, that they completely mis-staged it.

I think the biggest accidental laughs in TOSflicks are Shatner's '0h migod' in TMP's transporter fritz-out and "ohmigawwd' in TWOK (when they find Chekov in the hamper-fridge.)
Century Theaters?

I don't recall anyone laughing at the Khaaaan!!!! scene. But I believe I saw the first showing along with my usual geek posse. Science fiction is serious stuff! You wait overnight to get the best spots in line.

I did chuckle when Spock was dying. For some reason him straightening his jacket and walking into the wall is funny to me.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote