View Single Post
Old January 17 2009, 09:48 AM   #36
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: House a flop in the UK?

Jim Steele wrote: View Post
Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
The actor suggested that British audience's familiarity with him means that they are on the lookout for slip-ups with his accent.
It's much easier for Americans to detect problems with an American accent than it is for foreigners.
True enough, but our media is so saturated with genuine American accents that we've become pretty adept at spotting the slip ups in a fake one too.

What, are you telling me you watched Sub Rosa and thought "ah yes, those are genuine Scots alright!".

Besides, I think his point is that the British audience are much more familiar with him so we're deliberately looking out for slip ups. To be honest though I think he's talking shite.
Same here, kinda like when he said British don't like that he's successful, and that's why he's not getting offered any British roles any more... I'd think it's far more likely they think he's successful and won't accept a little, low paying British TV role, compared to his multi-million contract for a show that is huge internationally.