View Single Post
Old January 15 2009, 02:54 AM   #13
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld

Justtoyourleft wrote: View Post
^
I understand that very well.

Personally, I'm not the type to spend full price on games. That's why I usually don't pick them up until they've dropped in price.
In the case of TR: Underworld, however, I found it for only 25. That's really good if you consider the current exchange rate of the pound vs. the euro.
It's on Amazon right now for 17.98....I am tempted, but I still haven't finished Legend or Anniversary yet, so I'll probably wait. Demo was ok though; shame about the combat system and apparent lack of enemy AI.

For the record, I'm a newcomer to the franchise. Played the TR1 demo back in the PS1 days, but never got around to getting the ful game (too busy with MGS & my N64.) From what I read in later reviews the sequels were getting progressivly worse, so I never bothered trying any of them either. It wasn't until a few months ago that I tried the TRA demo on Steam that I got into it an bought both of the newer games from the bargin bins. Even bought a joypad for the PC especially for them (that and my old Snes & megadrive emulators .)
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote