View Single Post
Old January 15 2009, 12:51 AM   #154
USS Fardell
Captain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Fardell Send a message via Yahoo to USS Fardell
Re: "Fury" Kes, a Mirror Kes?

Lucy of Nine wrote: View Post
Lynx wrote: View Post
^^
Doesn't matter. The Voyager story continues in the books and the explanations in the "String Theory" books are plausible.

And acceptable for many fans.
LOL - read the above post from Lynx, but do it in a Borgified accent... ta dah... it sooo sounds like Seven! I love it! LOL

BTW like I said in the other thread... I am not a great fan of ole Kes, but I thought Fury was a bit ridiculous in my humble opinion...
I agree, in more ways than one. For example Tom Paris's "Faster than Light: No left or right" with the subspace vacuoles. We had seen starships change direction at warp before...

teacake wrote: View Post
No it was OUR Kes and she finally, finally leaves forever.

Kes is my least favorite character so it's a toss up as to whether having her dissipate into whatevuh in "The Gift" or turn into Psycho-harridan in "The Fury" is better.
I would have preferred to have "The Gift" as the final episode for Kes, rather than what had happened.

Lynx wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
No it was OUR Kes and she finally, finally leaves forever.

Kes is my least favorite character so it's a toss up as to whether having her dissipate into whatevuh in "The Gift" or turn into Psycho-harridan in "The Fury" is better.
Well, I guess that malice can be fun but consider the fact that there are many fans who like Kes and who were very unhappy by the way she was treated.

What would you say if your favorite character would have been destroyed in the same way?
I would be upset at the writers for the travesty of a script that destroyed said character.
USS Fardell is offline   Reply With Quote