View Single Post
Old January 12 2009, 02:38 PM   #5
billcosby
Commodore

Re: TF Soundwave: Hasbro's made him a GUITARgetmaster.

Aquehonga, I have to report that I watched Transformers Animated for the first time.

I did like many things about it. The writing and the storyline for example is very interesting. As it starts, the way it's set up is quite different from the Hasbro cartoon of the 80s.

Although Optimus is pretty much a nobody as the series begins. That, and the way the story begins may turn of "GeeWuners". The animation of humans (and kids in particular) is quite irksome.

Surprisingly, the majority of G1 characters are there, as opposed to the Bayformers which strings along many new characters. There's even Teletraan 1. And the sound effects are very appropriate, such as the transforming sound.

Ultimately, I have to say that I don't think I'll be watching all the episodes but I think it's a decent mix of old and new.

I also watched the Japanese-only Headmasters first episode (A series which more or less acts as a season 5 to Transformers but only aired in Japan for 36 episodes) and I like that better as it hits home. It's f&uckin' weird enough.

Finally, you may find Beast Wars and Beast Machines somewhat unfulfilling. I certainly do. Many refer to that era of Transformers as a "dark time", but necessary so the series could return much improved.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote