View Single Post
Old January 11 2009, 10:13 PM   #56
M'rk, son of Mogh
Rear Admiral

Re: Dark Avengers - Your thoughts

darkwing_duck1 wrote: View Post
And they went out of their way to blame US for the sales drop (much the way RDM decries many TOS Galactica fans).

Nevermind that the bubble popped because of too many cardstock, foil embossed, multiple cover "special issues" that cost 25% more than the standard comic. No, they blamed the CONTENT of the stories, the writers etc.

They drew the wrong lesson from the bubble burst.
I know what you're saying, but I think they know why the bubble burst and are aware that it wasn't strictly content. It was the speculator market, mostly, buying up anything and everything they thought would pay for their children's educations. Those people left leaving the fans who actually read the stories behind.

If sales were still slowly on the decline after that, the only thing that really could be to blame was content, if the original fans were slowly dropping titles. So that is logically what would have to change. And change always disappoints some, you just hope it disappoints the least amount of people or at least has the tradeoff of bringing in more than you lose.

Tough line to tread, I'm glad I'm not in that position! Otherwise it would be me that was happy and nobody else most likely!!
M'rk, son of Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote