View Single Post
Old January 11 2009, 09:02 PM   #185
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--The Thirteenth Order

SLWatson wrote: View Post
Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
What is it in the male psyche that would think a woman would appreciate that sort of behavior?? Must be the same school of thought that thinks "no" means "yes."
Well, in all fairness, there's so much diversity in the human psyche that it's entirely possible there ARE women who do. There's a reason why rape-fantasies sell so well in the romance genre, and it's a fair bet that men are not buying them. I'm not saying this is the case here, but I am maybe saying to step off and not bite Robert's head off for an innocent comment. Maybe just explain politely why it's not accurate in this case.
And I hope you'll excuse me for being disturbed that even in this day and age, the idea that such behavior as I depicted could be seen as anything but unacceptable or even attractive is more than a little shocking.