View Single Post
Old January 8 2009, 07:47 PM   #460
Man of Steel
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to Man of Steel Send a message via Yahoo to Man of Steel
Re: Star Trek: Destiny Book 3: Lost Souls - (SPOILERS)

Finally finished the trilogy and I must say that it was the best Trek book in awhile. I am not sure why we had to wait till book 3 to found out the origin of the Borg. Although in my opinion, I thought the origin story could have been written a little better because it felt forced. First the Calier came to them to explain and ask them to help and then suddenly, they walk into a trap?

I also have to give kudos to Mack for writing so much emotion in this story. First by giving Riker the tough decision of leaving his wife behind not knowing when they would return to her.

The scene with Picard lying on the floor in a fetal like position crying hysterically, while I liked it, I thought it was a bit unbecoming of a Starship Captain to do so in front of his officers. I understood why and I thought it well written but I think his breaking down emotionally would have been better off between him and Beverly in private.

And Geordi defying orders, was a bold move but it did give us a nice tribute to Data.

This trilogy was well worth the wait and kudos to Mack for writing one of the best Trek novels in recent memory.