View Single Post
Old January 7 2009, 11:21 PM   #438
JWolf
Commodore

Re: Star Trek: Destiny Book 3: Lost Souls - (SPOILERS)

Phyzzx wrote: View Post
Damn you!

And, I mean that with all the love and affection I have I am a teacher in Utah on Christmas break. I decided that I needed to read a trek book or 2 over my wonderful vacation, in between playing with my kids and running all over hell and back visiting family. I haven't read a trek book in four years. So, I decided to skip over the "Time to..." books and start up with Destiny. I downloaded the first 2 books from fictionwise.com and read them in 2 days. It's Saturday night, 8 PM, and I finished reading book 2. I was enthralled, exhilarated, and ready for book 3. I stroll over to my mac, bring up fictionwise.com to download book 3, and guess what!? They don't have book 3! I called local retailers here (no real bookstore in my neck of the woods, just Target and Walmart), and no one had the book. In my frantic desperation to find out what happens next, I run out to a Barnes and Noble in Orem (about 16 miles from my current location) to acquire book 3. When I arrive, they had one copy left. WHEEEE!!!! I grab the book, and get myself and my wife some coffee at the counter. As I was reading the first page, the lovely clerk rang up my book and the coffee. The total, I kid you not, came to $17.01. 1701!!! This adventure was meant to be!!!

Now, if you'll excuse me, i'll be reading book 3 now. I just wanted to share my little adventure. Review to come!

P.S. Mack, you're my new favorite Trek author!
Fictionwise still doesn't have Lost Souls. I picked up my eBook copy from BooksOnBoard.

Anyway, as for the Destiny Trilogy, all I can say is Thank You David for such a thrill ride. I look forward to seeing how Destiny has shaped the Star Trek Lit Universe.