View Single Post
Old January 4 2009, 07:12 PM   #67
J.T.B.
Commodore

Re: Kirk's status, new timeline- Really so far off? (Contains spoilers

Vigilance wrote: View Post
And the better parallel for Kirk is King Arthur anyway. That ship is his destiny, his Excalibur. Whether or not it could REALLY happen is irrelevant. Whether or not it makes a good story? More important, and we'll see.
Yes, but I think it would be perfectly possible to tell a good story within a more realistic framework that didn't rely on some kind of "exceptionalist," King Arthur type of scenario. Not that I am assuming the movie would be like that.

clint g wrote:
Im seeing alot of stuff about that black uniform, so let me toss in my 2 cents. it has already been stated that the uniforms being worn in the movie are a 2 piece set. Its a Blue/red/gold over coat being worn over a BLACK shirt, in a way similar to how there was an over jacket being worn with the First Contact uniforms. It is very possible that Kirk (in a manner that is very fitting with his character) is simply just not wearing the gold overcoat, and just has the black shirt on display. I doubt it is a cadet uniform since it has already been displayed that the cadet uniform is a red jumpsuit style clothing.
That's what I'm betting as well. The black shirt is just the undershirt to the regular uniform.

--Justin
J.T.B. is offline   Reply With Quote