View Single Post
Old January 3 2009, 04:06 PM   #129
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: What do you dislike about The Dark Knight?

About Gordon choosing his son over his daughter again...yeah it bugs me because she grows up to be Batgirl. I was thinkng that maybe it would be more emotional if he still makes the choice (his son) and Joker shoots his son and ends up killing him anyways just because he would've killed whoever he picked out of the sheer kick of playing around with Gordon's mind. It would be interesting to see how this plays out on his future relatioship with Batman...what is the status of his son in the comics? I've always wondered that after Year One, Long Halloween, Dark Victory? I know that his wife Barbara moves back to Chicago and divorces him in the comics...is there a grown Gordon son out there that we've never seen before?

Just remembered another thing that I dislike from both movies...Alfred being formal and calling Bruce "Master Wayne" instead of "Master Bruce" like we're used to. In the novelization IIRC Dennis O'Neil uses the more traditional Master Bruce...or maybe that was in the novelization for Gotham Knights I can't remember.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote