View Single Post
Old January 3 2009, 07:40 AM   #39
Jackson_Roykirk
Commodore

Re: Kirk's status, new timeline- Really so far off? (Contains spoilers

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
...Yeah, I got the impression he was simply explaining part of how he arrived at the idea for the story, not that it was going to be something we'd see spelled out in excruciating detail on screen. But the thing I mentioned about non-linear story-telling was from months ago -- long before the "Orci's Awesome Quantum Theory" interview....
You're right about the non-linear story-telling thing (I didn't mean to derail the point of your post).

I remember trekmovie.com saying 2 years ago that this will be a non-linear story-telling that will jump around in times. in fact, here is an article from trekmovie (from EXACTLY 2 years ago, to the day) that talks about jumping around in time:
http://trekmovie.com/2007/01/03/star-trek-xi-update/

However, they may have simply been extrapolating what they know about Abrams' style -- like on 'Lost'. The fist three season of 'Lost' featured flashbacks to before the crash, and the past two seasons have shown flash-forwards to events that happen after the rescue.

...With shoes that cut, and eyes that burn like cigarettes
With fingernails that shine like justice and a voice that is dark like tinted glass...

Last edited by Jackson_Roykirk; January 3 2009 at 08:00 AM.
Jackson_Roykirk is offline   Reply With Quote