View Single Post
Old January 3 2009, 06:20 AM   #78
Shaw
Commodore

Re: If You Could Re-Imagine the Constitution-Class Refit...

CuttingEdge100 wrote: View Post
I should inform you that I'm not the best artist in the world but with proper diagrams and such I should be able to do okay.
I wouldn't worry too much about looking perfect... it is the ideas that really matter.

Out of curiousity are your drawings of the TOS Constitution true to the TV-model?
Well. it depends on which model we are talking about. The publicly available version of my 33 inch model plans are pretty accurate (though that version has a couple mistakes on my part).

As for the 11 foot model, it is getting there. The primary and secondary hulls used in my sketches are pretty accurate... though I recently finished a better sketch of the primary hull that is even closer to the original.

What I plan on releasing in the near future is a set of plans of the 11 foot model as she was when originally delivered for the first pilot's effects filming... with very accurate measurements (and the drawing at 1/4 scale to the model). Those plans (like my 33 inch plans) will be of the model itself, not the fictional starship. As such, they can be used for anyone's projects that want to use the models form as a starting point.

That is all part of a project that I've been working towards for a while now... with two of the three parts (the 1964 Jefferies Construction Plans and the 33 inch Model Plans) essentially finished at his point.
Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote