Old December 29 2008, 04:38 PM   #12
Bob The Skutter
Complete Arse Cleft

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: Graphic, but not so novel: Adapting Alan Moore's Watchmen

Dusty Ayres wrote: View Post
Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Dusty Ayres wrote: View Post
something like Ealing Studios/Rank;only problem is, both companies are gone and aren't coming back, unless an outside group of investors decides to bring back Two Cities/Ealing/London Films/British Lion/Hammer/Rank..
Actually, Ealing Studios still exists and have released 2 films, that I know of, this year, and Dorian Gray slated for next year.
Okay, I forgot about that. But expecting that there will be some great independent company that's as large as the big five of Hollywood is a bit much, even for him.. And a company like Ealing can't afford to make a film like Watchmen in a million years, to say nothing of films based on any classic English sci-fi/fantasy characters, either, else they'd have done it years ago (there was a British version of Dune that was supposed to happen in the 1970's but never did, for whatever reason.)
I wasn't really trying to contradict you, just pointing it out.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
Bob The Skutter is online now   Reply With Quote