View Single Post
Old December 29 2008, 05:33 AM   #43
Red Ranger
Admiral

Re: Why so little Uhura in ST3?

Babaganoosh wrote: View Post
Shatmandu wrote: View Post
I remember reading some slash about what Uhura did with "Mister Adventure" in that closet.

Jeez!

Joe, not easily shocked
Why did she lock him in there anyway? He obviously couldn't do anything to actually stop her, since 1) she outranked him, and 2) she could probably kick his ass if he tried anything.

Was she just pissed off about that remark he made about her career (which was not entirely untrue, mind you)?

Guess that proves a point: Never piss off Uhura.
True that! But while Mr. Adventure was a punk, he might've messed up Uhura's escape, so she didn't want to take any chances and locked him away.

BTW, his career probably took a hit after that incident -- winding down prematurely, perhaps? I did like Vonda McIntyre's novel explanation for how Uhura had to stay behind to mess up communications to help Enterprise escape.

BTW, I believe they wanted to replace Enterprise with the Excelsior for the end of TVH and make it their new ship. Would've been cool!

Red Ranger

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote