View Single Post
Old December 19 2008, 04:37 AM   #46
Gojirob
Rear Admiral

Re: What do you dislike about The Dark Knight?

Scrooge4747 wrote: View Post
iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
I actually liked that. It gives the sense that the Joker is not just a weirdo in facepaint, he's a genius weirdo in facepaint, with a mind both brilliant and twisted.
Yeah, but come on. He finds TWO empty warehouses (granted, probably not all that hard) and FILLS them with TONS of explosives and he also fills TWO ferrys with TONS of explosives?

I mean, how did he manage to smuggle barrel fulls of explosives onto two city ferrys?! And where and how did he buy all of these explosives? Certainly buying all that stuff would've perked up someone's ears considering a person can't buy a slightly more than reasonable amount of fertilizer without getting the FBI or DHS knocking on their door and The Joker buys barrels and barrels of explosives?!
The Joker's army seemed lifted from the Arkham escapees. These would have a lot of other twisted 'geniuses'--none of them on his level--but each a 'Seven' wannabe, focusing their sometimes overestimated intelligence on nothing but doing things quietly until Joker gave the signal. They would be a considerable asset in pulling off the uber-campaign the Joker set out to do. I did feel at times that he was a Dark Mary Sue, but everything else overrode those few moments for me.