View Single Post
Old December 17 2008, 10:29 PM   #50
Mistral
Vice Admiral

Re: Arc of the Wolf: True Bearings - Artwork

I just read through this. Lobster Wars is my next chapter. A few comments.

"She sings!" had me all choked up. The whole story of Cory's return home was amazing. Rachel's fall was well done-as someone who's had to deal with that type of situation, I thought you got the "feeling" of the situation dead on. Your explanation of Scotty's work on the Enterprise, particularly the short bit about him going EVA, was dynamite imagery. Usually, when I read anything, I read very fast-superfluous words are ignored and assumed as I gather the 'meat' of the story. It's actually useful when reading some of the less-polished work on this sight. Cuts down on the pain in my grammarian soul. That having been said-I read every word, every sentence you write. It's just such beautiful prose that I don't want to risk missing a key word or nuance. IMO, you could easily support yourself as a fiction writer if you gave it the kind of passion and effort these tales reflect. I'd buy anything you published, guaranteed.

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote