Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--The Thirteenth Order

TimmyWl wrote: View Post
Good stuff!

I do like the story going into action.
Thanks!

Gibraltar wrote: View Post
The layers of subtle communication going on between the players in this strategy session are fantastic. We have a group of very distinct individuals, all playing along with Macet's creation, and all for their own reasons. Needless to say, without the Dominion threat, this group would be at each other's throats in an instant. This tenuous alliance desperately needs a victory if there's any hope of it's continuing.

I wish them well, for no battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy. Bring on the 'battle friction' and the 'fog of war!' How this disparate group copes with adversity will be highly enjoyable to watch!
Thanks! And yes...it's absolutely critical and all of them know it.

The tragic part is that without these events, they probably would be firing on each other as part of the Dominion War--and while some of them would be doing so out of hate, some wouldn't. Gul Berat, for instance...it's kind of sad to think that he'd probably end up having to destroy people that you now see him getting along well with, out of self-defense, and that those people would try to do the same thing to him.

I certainly hope I'll be able to pull off the battle. I think the space combat sections are coming together OK--the ground combat, however...man, that's a struggle to write. I hope you'll forgive me if I have to slow down yet again on posting in order to pull it off.