View Single Post
Old December 13 2008, 07:22 PM   #13
Forbin
Admiral

Re: Alien Nation fans?

Christopher wrote: View Post
Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
There's gotta be a couple people here who remember this great series. As science fiction, it's a bit silly.
That depends on your parameters. The science part, particularly the biochemistry, was quite implausible. But as science fiction -- fiction that uses speculative scientific, technological, or social advances as a basis for allegory and commentary on the human condition -- it was vastly less silly than most of genre TV, a very intelligent and thought-provoking show.
In fact, at the time it was on, I thought it was the best real science fiction on TV at the time. Episodes like the Thanksgiving and Haloween stories were just frickin' brilliant.

I had the pleasure of meeting Eric Pierpoint and Michelle Scarabelli at a Creation a couple years ago. Very nice people. I had just bought the DVDs, and I commented to them that I was surprised to find there was only one season. In my memory, the show seemed to be much more. I told them it must have seemed that way because the show was just so rich, so full of so much good stuff...

Michelle stamped her hand on the table and turned to Eric and said "Ya see? THAT's why we were canceled - too much stuff!"

Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote